Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Good friends


This card came out exactly how I 
envisioned it.  That doesn't happen
too often!  When I was in school
I wasn't in the "in crowd".  But I had
friends (who were also  not in the 
"in crowd").  as kids we thought you 
could only have one best friend and the others
were only regular friends.  I think
that's wrong.  You can have more than one
 best friend.  Best friends are ones who
truly know your heart.  They are there
to cry with you, laugh with you and
sit with you when no words can be
spoken.  I have several best friends.
I know I can count on them whenever
I need to and I hope they know that
they can count on me as well.

I'm taking the birds to the vet today for
grooming.  They are both pretty sharp and
it's hard to maintain an upper hand
when the bird is so sharp you can't stand
to have her on your hand.  With Lili
you really have to have an upper hand
as she is very headstrong .  She knows what
she wants and she wants it.  Period.  Well,
sister, there are times when you just don't
get what you want.  We've had a few
discussions on this subject.  That's where 
the "beak occupier" AKA backscratcher
comes in.  Sometimes we need to keep
that big beak occupied so it doesn't
stray down to the hand.  She gnaws on me
frequently, but never hurts me.  Much.  LOL.
That's the nature of a scarlet macaw.  She
will clamp down when she doesn't want
to go in her cage for example.  But she
never draws blood and knows just
how much pressure she can put on me.
She's really a great bird with a headstrong
personality and we get along just fine.
Luna, on the other hand, drives me
crazy.  I didn't want another small bird
in the first place but John wanted her
so much.  When he was sick he said she
"comforted him".  Since he has died I 
have lost my tolerance for a lot of noise
and trust me when I say conures make a
LOT of noise.  Constantly.  So any bird
owners that read this blog, I know you
will think badly of me and that's OK.  She's
going to have to go to another home.  I can't 
take it anymore.  I will do my best to
make sure she goes to a home that knows
about conures and the noise that comes
along with them.  Again, this is the nature
of this particular bird and I understand
that, but I'm just not the right person for
her.  I'm sad about it, but it's also not fair
to her.  I'm hoping the vet can help me
with this, but if need be I will put an ad
in the paper and then screen out anyone
I think won't give her the best home possible.
If I get any takers that is.  Please help
me pray about this.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...