Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Life is a circus

Isn't that the truth?  Sometimes
you just have to laugh or you sit
down and cry and who wants to
do that?  I've done my fair share in 
last three years, losing my birds, John,
Neelix, and another bird.  I'm tired
of crying.  Of course, I cried yesterday
because I received Sadie's memorial
stone.  I found a company that makes
memorial river rocks.  I couldn't
believe what an amazing job they did 
for only 35.00.  Hopefully I will
never have the opportunity to use
them again.


If I wrote about this before, forgive me.  The
reason I called her Green Girl is because 
when I first got her, Cody was 7 and asked
me several times, "what is that green bird's name
again?"  So I started calling her green girl.
I thought it was nice to have her nickname
on the stone.

And in keeping with the title of the post,
here is the card.  Inside it says, "life
is a circus".  I think it's kind of hard to
see, but the front mat is embossed.  I'm
thinking I should have done a pattern
that was more visible, but I didn't
want it to be the focal point.  The ribbon
knot may be gone before I mail it because
it doesn't want to stay on well.  I shouldn't
have used such a slippery ribbon.

Fingers crossed it's going to rain!
It's looked like it for two days, but
today (supposedly) it's predicted.
Okay, so the chances are small, but
I can hope, can't I?!

2 comments:

  1. the stone is beautiful! And of course I love the elephant! How funny we both have elephants on our blog posts today. Great minds you know!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...