Saturday, July 16, 2016

Finally! Balloons!

As usual, it was too windy for
the balloons to launch, but they
inflated!  We watched them do
that which was so fascinating
and we were as close as they allowed
us which was pretty close.  After dusk
they did the glow.  That was so fun!
We also talked to one of the pilot's wives
while they were inflating and she 
answered questions that dad had so
that was really neat.




Those things are HUGE!!! The person you see with
the rope was holding the top as it went up.  Each
balloon had at least one person doing that.
As the balloon would rise it took them for quite
a wild run!  One of the questions I had was
what did they do with the ropes in flight.  The pilot's
wife said that if they were going to fly he would
shout "bring it in, bring it in" and they would
anchor the ropes to the basket so they didn't
get caught in trees, power lines, etc.  It was
so awesome to see!!
 

I'm not super enamoured with this 
card, but I wanted to play with the daisy
embossing folder.  What I intended to
do (which I don't think would have made
much difference) is to pop it up with dimensional
tape.  I forgot to do that, naturally.  But it's an
OK card, I guess.  I have a much
nicer one to show, but I wanted to
put up pictures of the balloons first.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Andy would have loved to be there with you and Grandpa. He misses them very much. It looked like a great day. Thank you for my card Btw. I loved it and really needed it that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy would have loved to be there with you and Grandpa. He misses them very much. It looked like a great day. Thank you for my card Btw. I loved it and really needed it that day.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...