Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Playing with perfect pearls

Before I show the card, I have
to say I am very disappointed in
my neighbors.  They used up all 
their fireworks on Sunday night and
all I heard last  night was a few booms
here and there.  Oh, well.


The panel was inked with perfect pearls
ink which is a wetter ink than the usual
ink pads.  Then I dabbed on the perfect
pearl powder.  I wish the picture could
show the shine it has.  When you brush off
the excess powder it leaves not only the
image but also the entire paper shiny.   it kind
of shimmers, actually.  It's very pretty
in person.  All  you need to do to set it
is mist some water on it.  Some people say
to mist it in the air and then wave the
piece through it, but I haven't had very
good results with that so I just hold the mister 
as far away from the paper as I can get
it and it doesn't really get the paper all
that wet but sets the powder nicely.
I was going to put a sentiment on the front
but I thought it would detract from the
panel.  I always feel like I should
have a sentiment on the front, but
normally, my cards are notecards
and most of the time you don't find
sentiments on notecards.
On Star Trek the next generation, the
character Guinan once said that the worst
thing one person could do to another was
not live up to their expectations.  I have
had that experience as I'm sure all of
us had at one point or another.  I was
praying about signing the other day 
and was reminded of the fact that we
don't have to worry about living up to
God's expectations because all He
expects of us is to do our very best.
I talked about Coleen interpreting 
on Sunday.  I have been going to the
band practice on Saturday and trying
to learn to sign the songs.  I've told
God that I can't keep up and I will 
do the best I can.  Some songs I can
keep up with, some I can't, but I still
try.  I'm still not sure what He has
in mind for me learning signing, but
I'm enjoying the learning process and
that's enough for now.

2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...