Monday, July 18, 2016

Thinking of you

This card didn't come out exactly as
I envisioned it, but I like it nonetheless.
Is that even a word?  Well, my computer
didn't flag it so I guess it is.


I love my distress inks!  And I'm so
glad that I went ahead and got this script
stamp.  I stamped it with versa mark (a wet
ink that you emboss with) and then embossed
it with clear powder.  Once that was cool
I inked it with several colours of distress ink
then rubbed a paper towel over the piece
to remove the ink from the script.  Remember
when we used to do that with crayons
in elementary school?  Voila!  Resist.  I love
how it looks.  The sentiment is popped
on the piece although it's kind of hard
to tell.

Yesterday I noticed that the garage looked
a little dark and sure enough the light
was out.  So I went to take the bulb
out and it broke off.  This morning, after
making sure with my brother in law that
the house wouldn't explode if I turned some
breakers off (hey, I've never done this stuff
before!!) I got it out easy peasy which 
was surprising since I thought it was going
to give me a hard time.  For some stupid
reason, the previous owners never put
any sidewalk or stepping stones to the
front door and although we talked about
it, we never got around to it either.  The
garage door is right in front of the driveway
so we just use that.  The only people who
come to the front door are people selling
something so I know I don't want to talk
to them.  To be polite I open the door
and tell them through the glass that I
don't want to talk to them.  I mean, it's
only right.  I don't want people to think
I've been brought up in a barn, after all!

3 comments:

  1. Love the card. Resist is so much fun. Have you ever done Crayon Resist? That is cool also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't done it since I was a kid. I think I tried it once and it was a dismal disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. All of your cards do! I'm always happy to get one.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...