Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Swirly scribbles

I searched "swirly scribbles" which is
how I thought it would be spelled
and the search corrected me.  I'm
not sure which is right, spelled with an "e"
(swirley) or without.  At any rate, my friend, 
Karen, was kind enough to send me
a bunch of die cuts from this set.


Sorry about the bottom, I didn't notice
it so didn't crop the picture.  I have no
clue why the picture came out blue, the
paper is white and the scribbles are
red and black, but you get the idea.  So
here is the card I made and I'm not happy
with it.  Obviously I need some practice.


It's OK, I guess, but I think it's a
tad too busy.  Maybe I shouldn't
have added the top flower....

Last night was the last of 4 review 
classes.  We played hangman.  How, you
ask?  Well, you sign a letter to the person
and they write it down if you get it,
if not, you know the drill, head, arms, etc.
If you solve the word you have to sign it.
No talking.  It was fun!  We also did
hand shapes.  How many words start
with the "A" hand.  Not what starts 
with "A".  Lots of words (of course you
can't think of them right then) start with
that particular hand shape, like "girl"
"with" , "aunt" and "sorry".  So that
was fun and challenging.  The next
classes start in September.  If she
offers it, I want to retake either
second or third level.  I'm hoping
she will have a finger spelling
class again, too.  I am really slow at
that.  My fingers are short for
one thing and for another, they
just don't want to do what I want
them to.  I also can't read it that
well because people spell FAST!!
If you get the first and last letter
sometimes you can figure out the
word in context, but it's still difficult
if they are spelling quickly. I guess 
I will have to wait and see what 
she offers and what days.
 
I'm still looking for a home for Luna
and put an ad in the paper which should
have started on Sunday.  Please pray
with me that I can find her a GOOD
home!  Thanks.
 

2 comments:

  1. The card looks fine. We always find fault in our artwork! Why are you re-homing Luna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 2nd card! Beautiful! (Not sure about the 1st one?)
    Happy to hear you're still signing! Why do you want to find Luna a new home? You still have 2 others?

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...