Thursday, August 10, 2017

Just another day

Still no news on my dad.  I'm guessing
he hasn't seen the doctor yet or he
would have called.  They would not
let him out yesterday and also
would not feed him because the
pancreas needs to be rested.
Since he's not a drinker and doesn't
have diabetes, the only thing that
could have caused this is his Crohns
disease.  If memory serves, he had it
once before a year and half ago or
so.  I'm hoping  he can leave today.
We haven't told my mother.  I just told
her he was under the weather.  She doesn't 
need to know what's going on when there's
nothing she can do about it anyway.


My newest little girl.  The next card
I'm working on is going to be a
different style.  It's still stitching 
but, well, you'll see tomorrow.  This
little girl has a peach mat behind her
that is made from the shimmer
pastel card stock.  I think the muted
colours are very pretty and I was
getting tired of the same bright
pretty colours.  Sometimes you just 
want darker or more down to earth colours.
I'm getting my hair cut in a little bit and 
then mowing the lawn.  After that I'll work 
on the card and I think it's going to turn
out really beautiful.  I also have some new
dies that I ordered the other day that
are supposed to have been delivered late
yesterday, so I'm excited to get those
and play a little with something
that's not stitching.  Not that I don't
love the stitching (and plan to order more
patterns) but I imagine people are getting 
a little bored with them by now.   I really
love doing the paper stitching and bonus-I 
can do it in the living room in front of the
TV, not in the craft room.
I'd better get going, I have to leave in
15 minutes!
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...