Friday, August 4, 2017

Everything is OK

I saw this quote on instagram, posted
by newsboysdrummer (Duncan)  and
thought it was so cool.
"Everything is OK in the end.
If it's not OK then it's not the end."
(Anonymous)

Onto the card...I know another lady 
that is in the same nursing home as
my mother.  Her name is Dorlene and
she and her husband used to come
in to the restaurant all the time.  Both
husbands, actually.  So here's the story.
When she was in her 30's I think it was,
she had an aneurysm and can't really
use her left side and has trouble talking.
I understand most of what she says
because I know her, but she sometimes
gets frustrated when she can't get a word.
She's the sweetest lady in the world.  Her
first husband treated her like absolute 
gold and was so wonderful.  Then he
died.  She caught up with an old boyfriend
from High school and they ended up
getting married.  She found another
treasure in him.  He was just as attentive
and wonderful to her as her first husband.
I guess they were both at Drew's place and
then he died a year ago.  She's had some
tragedy in her life.  But her attitude is
so great.  I've been visiting her when
I go to see my mom.  This card is for her.


This one will be hand delivered, so no
extra postage!
I didn't practice songs yesterday, but I
have been practicing with a Lutheran 
shut in program online.  I have
been doing pretty good signing the
preaching with the exception of
the finger spelling, because I'm not
good at it.  Some people, like Peter,
Paul, Abraham and Adam have sign 
names so that's easy, but Jeremiah and
people like that in the Bible do not.  So I 
skipped over that.  Pam told me to
practice consecutive signing which is
listening to a thought, interpreting it
and then moving on to the next thought.
I don't know how I will do on the announcements
on Sunday, but If I don't try I'll never get any
better at it, so I'm going to try and let God
do the rest!  The songs..."Build your Kingdom
here" is going to give me a lot of trouble.
It's really fast.  But again, I just put my
hands up and let God do the rest.  If I
mess up, He gets the glory anyway! 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...