Monday, August 7, 2017

Fun weekend!

I ate out every day this weekend,
twice on Sunday.  Did you know that
you can get a free personal sized 
dessert pizza on your birthday at
pizza hut?  My dad and I went there
last night for my birthday.  So when
she mentioned that, I said, well,
it was my birthday yesterday.  So
we got it free and it turns out it
was HER birthday yesterday, too!
That's the fourth birthday twin I've
met in the Angola/Fremont area!
How crazy is that???


My cousin's birthday is the 15th (good thing
for Yahoo reminders because I forgot)
so this is for her.  It looks like I have the
sentiment a little crooked.  Oh, well.
Another one of Ann's paper craft patterns.
I am absolutely loving them!  
 
I also got a new die a week or so ago which 
is a village dwelling house (3D) by Tim
Holtz.  That is just the basic structure.
There are dies that make a two story
house-which lots of people make into
creepy Halloween houses that are
so cool.  Also a beach house, Christmas
house, etc.  Those are all decorative 
add ons.  Since I now have a Hobby Lobby
gift card and an Amazon gift card...well,
who knows?  For me, making the structure
takes a little time because I tend to 
get things on a little crooked.  I'm not
very good at the decorating aspect, either,
so I've been looking at lots of pictures
on pinterest.  These people have 
serious talent!  Something I am
sorely lacking in.
 
The signing went great except I didn't
do announcements.  I did do the prayer
and the deacon talking and I guess I
did OK except I was looking at the
floor.  I was concentrating on what
was being said and how to sign it.
When I looked up I saw Pam sign to
maintain eye contact, LOL.  The reason I
didn't do announcements is that they
did them after communion and I'm not
ready to do that.  Besides the Biblical
passages, whoever is speaking is also
adding their own experience or something
similar and I just don't feel comfortable
trying to interpret that.  AH, but I did
enjoy watching Pam.  It gives me hope when
someone who has been signing for many,
many years makes a mistake.  The man
who was robbed and thrown into a
ditch (the good Samaritan story) was
attacked by raccoons apparently.  According
to Pam, that is!  She knew right away
what she'd signed,  and started started laughing. 
We were giggling away and she corrected
herself quickly and signed thieves. We all 
make mistakes no matter how long we've
been signing.   Fun day!  I had a nice 
lunch with her after church.
 
I'm off to get Lili groomed.  Holding
her is like holding a handful of
needles on the end of a two pound
bird.  Ouch!
 
Happy Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...