Sunday, August 20, 2017

In His care

I decided to stamp directly
on the card which is dangerous
for me because I always screw
something up.  I carefully laid
the stamp down and pressed and
voila!  It was crooked.  Idea 
number two-stamp on another
paper which is kind of bunched
up against the stitching.  I had
to find just the right size die and
then I stamped on the new paper.
Voila!  crooked.  Now I KNOW I 
had it straight.  The stamp on
the wooden block is placed
cockeyed.  So it wasn't my fault
in the first place.  I didn't think
until just now that I could have
cut the stitching and matted that
onto another paper and still stamped
on the card, but that also would have
required me tilting the block just
right, something I probably am unable
to do...so here is the card in it's 
final form:


I think it looks OK, but it's not what
I wanted. But then we don't always
get what we want, do we?
Coleen reminded me that if I do
the announcements I also have to
sign the offering.  Whoever is
talking usually goes over why we
have an offering, if it is missions,
etc. and that Jesus told us we should
do this.  So I told Coleen maybe 
she could do it and she said, "No,
you committed."  Thanks.  I looked
up offering and it is a combination
of the signs "gather" and "money".
Check.  Got that part.  Now, what they
will say in preface to the offering is
another thing.  That's
where the art of interpretation
comes in.  I didn't realize I was
signing up to interpret anything.
I thought I was just learning
to be able to communicate with a
deaf person-not that I run into them
very often.  But I guess God has
other plans and I'll just go with them
and see where He takes me.  I'm
sure He has a plan.  He just hasn't
let me in on it yet.  Cathy, if you
are reading this I will remember:
JUST BREATHE!  :)
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...