Thursday, August 17, 2017

Girls rule!

I went to my in-laws, Larry and
Laurel's last night to play cards.
We usually play phase 10 and then
a few games of Farkle.  We just call
it dice.  I never even knew it had a
name until a few years ago.  Anyway,
I won cards.  I also won one dice.
Laurel won two dice.  Larry won
nothing.  Sorry.  Girls rule!
We are extremely competitive
and try to set each other in cards
all the time.
It gets very crazy when we play!
 

I am having so much fun with these patterns.
I ordered a bunch more the other day and
got an email yesterday that they have
shipped.  This time I ordered the 3D sheets
with them so I don't have to figure out what
to put inside the design.  I wasn't sure the
first time around  how big the patterns 
would be, what the sheets would look
like, etc. so I only ordered one.   I just think
this company does such beautiful work
and it relaxes me so much to work on them.
 
I made a little building the other day and
made the same mistake as Tim Holtz-
a huge designer of crafts and dies-
(at least I'm in good company) by putting
the roof pieces on and forgetting that
I had a second story to add.  The roof
pieces added too much bulk and it
didn't sit right.  I got aggravated and
threw it away.  The stupid part was
TIM HOLTZ had already made that
mistake and even though I watched 
the video and had the opportunity to
learn from his mistake, I forgot when
I went to assemble mine.  So....I have
another cut out and I'm going to give
it another shot.  Maybe I should watch
the video as I'm making the structure.
No, that would be too easy.  Do it
first and if it doesn't work then look
at the instructions.  That's my philosophy!
 
Happy Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...