Friday, December 1, 2017

December first?

How in the world can it be
December first?  When did that
happen?  When will it be warm again?


My niece by marriage lost her father
the day after Thanksgiving.  He had
been sick for some time.  It's hard to
lose someone but especially over the holidays.
 
This is a die that I bought a long time ago
but doesn't look good unless it's embossed
and I didn't have an embossing mat.
Believe it or not, Hobby lobby doesn't
carry them.  So I was looking around online
and saw someone mention using plumbers
gasket.  I'd heard of it before but decided
to give it a try.  I went to Menards and found
some magnetic register covers to use as a
magnetic plate for the steel dies-something
Hobby Lobby also doesn't carry-and then set
out to find plumbers gasket.  I was in the right
place, I just didn't see it because it was all
the way on the bottom.  So I ask one of the
people who worked there.  He looked at me
like I was from a foreign country.  He looked
it up on the computer, then called someone
else.  This guy took us straight to it.  The first
guy says, "someone asked me for that recently
but didn't know what it was called".  Now I
know.  'Glad to be of help!'  I'm thinking.🤣
The gasket works amazingly.
 
I'm headed for lunch in just a little while
(which is why I can't lose weight) with 
Rosemary, a lady in the signing class
with me.  We are going to practice signing.
It should be fun.  We both need 
to keep practicing.

Happy Friday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...