Friday, December 22, 2017

Gate fold birthday card

I closed this gate fold card with a ribbon
instead of a belly band and now I'm
wondering why I did that because I'm
not sure I like it.  On the other hand,
it gave me a brilliant idea to just make
a gate fold card and on the belly band
do stitching.  I wonder how that
would look?


This is the card closed





and without the ribbon.  To make the
effect I poked the holes right the first
time, then turned the paper over
and lined it up with the lines I drew
on the back and poked the holes again
so that they became mirror image.
This is the first time I've done this 
and I think it turned out pretty great!

I can't believe Christmas is in 3 days.
What I really can't believe, though, is
that we will soon be in another year.
Remember when everyone was so
excited to see  Y2K come in?
That was almost 18 years ago.  Think
about that!  Now do you feel old?  I
know I do!  I'd better get my shawl
and move to my rocking chair before
I get a chill.  I mean, there is an
arctic front coming through.

Happy Friday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...