Monday, December 18, 2017

A little boy named Ryland and a surprise!

The Texas church shooting last
month left one little 5 year old boy
without most of his family.  He doesn't
know this yet. He is still in the
 hospital and will likely spend the 
holidays there.  He loves
Christmas cards so they are asking that

people send him a card with a picture
of them, a pet or a $1.00 bill-
he is saving up to buy a go-Kart.
 The card I made him came together
so perfectly I wanted to cry!  I think
this is one of the best I've ever done.


The snowman is made with die cut
circles that my friend, Karen, made me
a while back.  I free cut the hat which
probably should have been a little
bigger, but I was happy to get something
that actually resembled a hat, LOL

This is the best part, though!  His name is
on a clear sheet and when he opens the 
card it will stand up.  I think you can
kind of see it in this picture.  I was so 
Thrilled with how it came out.

This is the envelope
Now for the surprise...Coleen and I
went to first service to practice.  We had
three speakers this week and when the 
third man went up she told me to interpret
for him.  We are all the way in back, by the
way, so no one can see us.  So I did, with
her help.  When the next service started
which is the one we sign, she asked me if
I was going to do it.  I said yes!  When he
was introduced we switched places.
I can only imagine what Pam was thinking
since she didn't know this was going to 
happen!  I think I did pretty good, but I
know one part I could have done differently
and I accidentally signed "parents" instead of
"man" .  But hey, you have to make allowances
for nerves!  When church was over Pam said
she wondered when I was going to get my 
feet wet!  I thought they were wet enough
with signing the songs.  On January 1st
it will be a year since I started doing that. 
I was pretty excited to have done that
little bit, though.  It was only about
ten minutes.  I also signed communion.
That's a little more nerve wracking
for me, but practice makes perfect-
or at least makes me better.
Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...