Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Birds, birds

Nope, not mine.  This is an African
grey parrot.  They are amazing 
talkers.  Larger parrots can actually
understand that they are looking at
themselves when you show them 
a mirror.  Babies are at least 18
months old before they can do that.
So, if someone calls you a bird
brain, be honoured.  They are
very intelligent animals.  Lili is
probably on the level of a 3 year
old human child.


This next picture I didn't make, my
father did.  It's for a Christmas gift
for a party I'm going to.


Isn't it gorgeous?  Much better in real
life, of course.  I love the barbed wire
around it frame and the frame is barn wood
that he probably tore off a barn himself.
He needs to stop doing things like that.
He has a younger friend that goes with
him, so I guess if he feels like he can do it,
more power to him.  That's what keeps us
young, I suppose.  Speaking of my parents,
my mother is home now, and settling in.
she's going to have to get used to having
no set schedule and no call button.
No one is around to talk to except my dad.
It will be an adjustment, but  I hope
it works for them.



B'Elanna got a new shirt.  I
couldn't resist.  She loves wearing
clothes.  She'll even sometimes raise
her paw to put it in the sleeve.  
Definitely no ugly sweaters for her!
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I missed this blog?! Love the picture!! Your dad did good! And love B'Elanna's sweater -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...