Monday, December 25, 2017

Happy Christmas!

Since all my Christmas projects
are done, sent out, given, etc.
I don't have anything Christmassy
to show.  Is that even a word?  I
know people use it.  However,
I do have a friend's birthday coming
soon, so here is the card I made for
that occasion:


I love the soft pastels of the flowers.
This is actually an old pattern, but
I haven't made it in many years.  I was
debating putting some bling in the middle
of the flowers, but I like how
the pattern has it . 
 
We got some significant snow yesterday
and coming back from church/lunch, the
highway was crawling.  But I made it home
OK. I did fall twice in her yard before 
I left!  I'm still getting used to how this car
handles in snow and I've never been the
best winter driver anyway.  I sure miss
my car.  I knew exactly what to expect.
 
Today I'll be going to my friend, Coleen's
parents' home and I'm looking forward to
it.  It will be more fun than sitting at
home which is what I would have done.
I have been incredibly blessed by
her friendship.  I've got some amazing
friends now, and I love my life.  I sometimes
think that if John hadn't died I wouldn't
have my friends, signing, all the other
things that make my life so fulfilled now.
It almost feels like I'm glad he's gone,
which of course, I'm not, but I guess it's
true that God can take something bad 
and make something good come of it.
 
Happy Christmas!
 

2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...