Thursday, July 20, 2017

Playing with hairspray

Whaaat?  Hairspray in the crafting room?
It's true.  Crafters come up with some
strange things.  I've been thinking of
trying this technique for quite some
time, but I didn't have pump hair spray
and never remembered at the store. 
This time I put it on this list!
You use glossy card stock and pump
enough hair spray on the card to
make it moist but not dripping.  Then
you sprinkle alcohol inks on it-as many
colours as you like.  I wish I'd taken a
picture at this point, but forgot.
I took my finger and smeared the
ink around the card.  It didn't turn
out as pretty as the card on pinterest
but not too bad.  I then pumped a
few more sprays on it and it came out
like a galaxy on the orange one! At least
I think it looks that way, even though
it's orange.



This is the card I came up with for the 
purple one.  I haven't done anything with 
the orange one yet.  I was busy playing
with a new stamp I got at hobby lobby!


I'm not super crazy about it to tell
the truth.  it seems kind of plain.  Maybe
with the orange one I will leave it as a
background and not cut it.  It's hard to
see some of the stamping on the inchies,
also.  I guess that's from the flash.
 
Happy Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...