Thursday, July 27, 2017

Perfect poppies

At least I think these are poppies.
My knowledge of flowers is limited
to roses, daisies and pansies.
Other than that, I'm not too good at it.


I didn't get the picture too straight,
I see.  I take it on my phone and
don't always notice that the picture
is a little skewed.  I'm happy with 
how it turned out.  
The card, not the picture!
 
I had a nice visit with my mom yesterday
but I can see she is getting weaker.  I
think there have been more TIA's 
but I don't think they've done any tests
to find out.  She's having trouble getting
her right hand to work and it's difficult
for her to feed herself.  It takes a long
time.  It's very hard to watch.  I try to
help when I'm there but I don't want
her to feel like a child who has to be
fed.  She's lost enough dignity as it
is, not being able to care for herself
properly, like showering.  I can't
imagine how difficult it must be, how
humiliating, to have someone else have
to give you a shower and all you can
do is be moved around.  She told me
yesterday that she doesn't want to
live like that and that death would
be welcomed.  That was hard to hear.
But I understand how she feels.  I
wouldn't want to be in that situation 
either.  At 80 years old, she has 
lived a long life and knows what's
waiting for her on the other side.  She
and John can hang out and drive
each other nuts, LOL.  So please say
a prayer for both of my parents.  My
dad hasn't been feeling well and he
told me he fears she is giving up.
Sadly, I think he's right.
 
I think I have a place for Luna.  It's a 
rescue in Fort Wayne.  I think it's pretty
small though, so she wouldn't have to
compete with a large shelter of
animals.   It's for small exotic animals 
only.  No dogs or cats to worry about.
She said she has a talkative
Quaker for Luna to talk to.  I think Luna
has missed Sadie since she died last year. 
I just want a good home for her.  That's
all.  John would want that, too.
 
 
 Happy Thursday!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning! So so sorry to hear about your mom. It's hard to be dependent on others for your care, especially when you were once so independent. Thank heavens there are people who can give this care.
    That's good news about Luna! Hope this place pans out for you. Then you would have 1 bird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she's going tomorrow. I will only have Lili. The woman is a vet tech so knows how to trim nails, wings, beak and sounds like she knows how to handle birds. I'm really happy I found her.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...