Friday, October 7, 2016

Up and running!!

Apparently the graphics card was drawing
too much power and making the fan
work overtime which in turn damaged
the power supply (as near as I can
understand).  So now all I have is the
"on board" graphics card which makes
things look very different on the screen.
I may get another card in time, but
can't afford it right now for something
that isn't necessarily needed.

A shout out to my sister, Robin, who
I think turned 25 today.  She is my
younger sister, but I never realized she
was that much younger!  I'm just guessing
here, of course.  She may be a tad 
older than  25!

I have been praying for all those, including
a cousin, in the path of hurricane Matthew.
I'm concerned about it heading toward
Charleston.  I lived there for three years
and love the city.  Hurricane Hugo made
a real mess a few years back.  25 years ago
to be exact.  I didn't realize it had been so
long ago!   Matthew has been a devastating
hurricane so far and I just pray it slows
down quickly.

On to the cards:


I'm not super thrilled at how this turned 
out.  The bird is supposed to be sitting
on the sentiment, but it doesn't really
look like it is.


My uncle is having knee replacement surgery today.


I think this one turned out really cute!

I got more stamps (as you can see) and
didn't pay a dime because I use my Walmart
savings catcher money.  I plan to play
with the mini bird stamp set more.  It
has such cute things like hats, ties, 
holiday items, etc.  It should be very
fun to play with!



4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you got the crazy cats to. They are on my wish list. I like all the cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got them Thursday. I've been getting things like that with my walmart savings catcher. Paid zip! I want the dogs, too.

      Delete
  2. Happy to see you're back!! Love the cards! Jane is fine! Didn't even loose power! Thankful for the prayers and grateful she is safe!
    But - it's not over yet - still praying for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that she had checked in as safe. That was good news. John's youngest sister is in Wilmington. Next on the hit list, I think. I worry about Charleston, I love that city. Lived there for 3 years.

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...