Friday, October 28, 2016

Just a note

This one really has notes on it!


I was going to do it in variegated metallic
thread but I thought the notes and
hearts were set off better  with the black
swirls.  And yes, I realize the sentiment
is very small in comparison, and I thought
about printing out something bigger 
since I don't have a bigger stamp.  But
when I looked at it, I decided that the
small sentiment actually stood out a little
more just because it was small.  So I'm
going to be doing the others the same way.
I'm just thrilled with how these are coming
out and I hope the person I'm sending them
to will like them.  I don't think she reads
my blog so I'm safe.
 
I'm having lunch with Dianne today, of course,
and tonight I'm going to the deaf chat.  I 
mostly just watch because I can't understand
it that well yet.  Plus the kids from a local
school come and they are good.  They should
be.  It's a regular class so they have it
every day.  They have to attend a certain
amount of deaf chats and volleyball games
in FT. Wayne to get credit for the class
as well.  What's the point of learning sign
if you aren't going to use it?    I've been
giving thought to my three little pigs story
and I think I know where I'm going with it.
I'm not sure if we all got the same story 
or not, I didn't think to ask anyone.  It 
doesn't matter, though, as everyone will 
have their own interpretation.
 
I had a delicious fish dinner at my
brother in law and Sister in law's
house last night.  They were in Kentucky
last week and caught a ton of fish.  Laurel
makes the best fish in town!  We played
cards afterward.  Laurel wiped the board
with us.  She didn't miss one phase and
ended the game with only 30 points.  That's
pretty unheard of with us.  We decided to
add two extra phases to the phase 10 card
game.  It's a game where you have to  have 
a certain number of sets, runs and both.
We added phase 11 which is a set of 5
and a set of 4.  Phase 12 is two sets of
5.  She breezed right through that.  We
thought maybe that would make the
game harder, but apparently lady luck
was at her side last night!  We are all
quite competitive so it makes for an
interesting card game! 
 
Happy Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...