Thursday, October 20, 2016

Christmas pointsettia

First I want to say Happy birthday
to my grandson, Austin, who is
15 today.  And whose grandma is
late on his card because Yahoo did
not remind her...I knew it was this
month, but thought it was at the
end of the month.  None of my rotten
kids would let me name their babies,
but I suggested Austin's name and
his mom liked it, so I kind of feel like
I named him.


Isn't this just beautiful?!  I know I've said
it before, this metallic thread is very 
hard to work with but it makes a striking
card.  I'm thinking maybe I should have
put 4 gems in the center to make it look 
round, but it looks OK this way, too.
A rainy day today and last night as well.
I'm loving it.  It could be snow!  You
won't get any complaints out of me
for chilly damp days.  I'd rather have
warm stormy days, but we can't always
get what we want.
My pastor has a blog that I recently 
found out about and today he was talking
about coincidences.  When something comes
into your mind and you just know it's
God nudging you to do something.  I call
that a "God thing".  You look up and say,
"I just know that was you, God!"  So here
is one:  I was thinking of a cousin the
other day that is far younger than me and
whom I have had little contact with throughout
my life.  I haven't even talked to her (nor the
rest of the family) in years.  She has had
a lot of problems in her life.  She has had
all of her children (I heard 7 but can't
verify that) taken away from her, one at 
least, immediately after birth.  She's had
a rough life.  So, for some reason she popped
into my head about a month ago.  Yesterday
my sister called and said one of our
other cousins was contacted on Ancestry.com
from a young woman who believes she
is a cousin and is looking for her birth
mother.  We believe her to be one of the
children taken away, but my sister hasn't
gotten all the information yet from this
other cousin.  Since her mom (If this is
her mother) is from Jackson, it's possible
that she is still in the area and I could be
in contact with her.  Last we knew, 
her mother is in MO.  Even if things don't
work out between her and her mother, 
we want her to know that she has a family
that loves her and can provide her with
pictures of her grandmother, great
grandparents, stories, etc.  So please be
praying that if this is her daughter, we
would be able to make her feel like she
has an extended family who loves her
and if not that she is able to reunite with
whoever her birth mother is.  Thanks.
Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...