Thursday, October 27, 2016

No new car

I'm sad to say that Mark will not
be getting that new car.  :(  We are
so used to doing things certain ways
and NOT so used to having our hand
in a certain position for more than 2
days (with 10 minute breaks every hour) 
and he accidentally lifted his hand.  I'm
so sad for him.  After 2 days and about
4 hours, to lose was hard.  They had
already lost about 16 people by then.  It's
just not natural to have to keep your
hand on a car for hours.    I hope he gives
himself a pat on the back for having
lasted that long but he's probably
mad at himself instead.  I'm
proud of him for even trying!


This is the start of another set
of cards.  I am so in love with the metallic
thread that I can even put up with
the tangling that happens.  The thread is
a little bit stretchy which makes it tangle
much easier.  Sometimes the tangle
is too difficult to get out and you
have to start with a new piece of thread.
 
I got a text yesterday from Pam with
my "homework" for Monday's class.
I have to review the story of the three
little pigs and consider how to tell
the story from each character's
perspective.  I had to read the story!
I totally forgot about the wolf falling
in boiling water and dying and that's
how the pigs escaped from his clutches-
in addition to having the strong brick
house, of course.  It's pretty sad that
I had to read it again to remember
such a simple story!  That's what getting
older does to you, I guess.   I never
liked the story anyway.  Even as a
child it insulted my intelligence, LOL.
Yeah, yeah, I know there's a reason
for the story.  "Do it right the first
time and you won't have to do it again."
At least that's what I get out of it.
But it's still a dumb story.  I doubt
I told it to my kids.  I did read Dr.
Seuss but hey, he's a literary genius.
 
Happy Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...