Monday, October 10, 2016

Hold on to your dreams

Yesterday in church a missionary
couple from South Africa came
and spoke.  The man was talking 
about holding on to your dreams.
I thought about that and I'm
not sure I have any dreams exactly.
Yes, I want to learn to sign, but I
don't know that I ever considered
that a dream necessarily.  So I
concluded that my dreams are
whatever God's dreams are FOR me.
When I was a kid I had lots of dreams,
to be an actress, writer, get out of the
house....(isn't that a dream of all teens?)
But as I grew older, I think I kind of gave
up on dreams because I realized that
most of the time they don't come to
fruition.  It's hard to have dreams
when you feel trapped in your life.
I don't feel that way now, but I also
don't know where the dreams went
or how to get them back.  So I guess
signing would be the only "dream"
I have right now.  I'd better get
busy and work on my assignment
for tonight!!  I'm a LOT shaky on it.




More Christmas gifts. These are acrylic 
picture frames that are turned on end,
I guess you would call it.  What would be the
bottom of the frame and prop it up, is
now at the top of the notepad holder.  So
it sits on a slant making it easier to
see what you are writing/have written.
Does that make any sense at all??
The post it note it note pads are 
taped down with double stick tape so 
when the pad is used up, the recipient
just has to tape down another one.
Easy peasy.  they take little to no time
to make and are cheap as well, so you
can't beat that.  Cheap is always good!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! Very pretty! Can't say that I have any dreams either. Seems like those days are over for me. Just to get through every day is challenging -haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Mom? You have a really good point about dreams. When you get to a certain point in your life, that old saying "You can be anything you wanna be!", just doesn't ring as true anymore does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you learn the world isn't as simple as it was when you were a kid.

      Delete
  3. You know, Mom? You have a really good point about dreams. When you get to a certain point in your life, that old saying "You can be anything you wanna be!", just doesn't ring as true anymore does it?

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...