Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Joy!

What brings me joy in life?  Beyond
knowing that Jesus is my Savior, 
I guess it would be learning to sign,
friends, family, people I know
are in my corner.  I hope they 
know that about me as well!


I have had this song book for ages
and all of a sudden I'm getting a 
lot of use out of it!  I think the card
turned out OK.  I'm just not doing
my best right now, I don't think.
But it is what it is.  I did order a
few more patterns so get ready to
see more stitching.
 
Class was OK last night.  I had a bad
headache all day so I don't feel like
I did all that great, but Matt, the deaf
young man, understood what I was
saying and that's what matters.  Pam
read an Aseop's tale.  Then one person
put it into "real" words, and a second
signed the short story.  Thankfully
most of them were very short!
Pam did tell me that she felt like
my confidence was getting much better,
so I was glad about that.  Maybe next
week I won't have a headache.
 
A year ago today the world lost a
really wonderful man.  My daughter in
law, Pam, her mother, LuAnn, and brother,
Tim, as well as his wife, Sue, and Cody,
are all remembering the year anniversary
of the death of their husband, father and
father in law, Dennis.  He was a quiet guy,
but look out for the zingers!  He had a
sharp sense of humour and would do
anything for anyone any time.  The world
is a little less happy without him here
but Heaven is really celebrating him.
Usually anniversaries are used to celebrate
a good thing like weddings.  But as we 
remember Dennis, it can be a good thing,
because we celebrate his life and the
things that he brought to the world and
all those around him.  Most of all, we
celebrate the fact that he knew Jesus as
his Savior and is with Him this very
moment.  In the end, no matter how much
we mourn a "lost" loved one, we know they
aren't really lost if they knew Jesus.
And we know we will all be reunited
once more!
 
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...