Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hello, hump day!

Today would have been Sadie's 22nd
hatchday.  I miss her a lot.  She was
 my longest relationship besides my
family, but I consider my "pets" to
be family, anyway.
 
I got a card from a friend yesterday
(couldn't resist, Kelly, if you're reading
this!) that was supposed to be a 
blank card when she bought it but
the cards turned out to be sympathy
cards instead.  Since she is just as nutty
as I am-which is why we get along so
well-she decided to send me the card
 anyway because she knew I'd get
a laugh.  So I decided she needed a
set of cards that really were blank inside.
 


These are the first two of a set of
6.  So I guess if she's reading this, the
cards will not be a surprise.  I'm not
sure if she does or not.  The panels are
technically bookmarks but I decided
to think out of the box and make them
panels on the card instead and I think
they came out fantastically!  I'm very 
happy with them.
 
Supposedly we are to get some rain
today but I won't believe it until I
see it.  They lie too much!!
 
I managed to get the whole house
cleaned yesterday.  Well, OK, I 
haven't dusted yet, but I'm the only
one who knows that (you didn't
hear it from me!)  It's surprising
how much of a mess just B'Elanna and
I can stir up.  A lot was grass clippings
that get tracked in every time I mow.
The birds get vacuumed after every
single day.  My poor vacuum is very
abused.  So I can't really blame them
for the mess.  B'Elanna has taken
to putting her food on the carpet
which is dark.  I end up stepping on
it which is a tad uncomfortable.  I
used to get large bags of food but
when Neelix died, there was no need
for a large bag.  I couldn't get that type 
in a small bag so I settled on kibbles
and bits.  It turns out she loves them
but she likes to take some and run away
from her bowl to eat them privately, 
I guess.  Perhaps she forgets where
she left them?  Dogs are so weird!
But I don't know what I would do
without her.  It was hard losing
Neelix, but I'm glad I still have one
furry friend to hang on to.  Birds
aren't the cuddliest of creatures!
 
Happy Wednesday!
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...