Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The windy city has moved!

The windy city  now resides
in Fremont, Indiana.  It is super
windy this morning.  A friend
told me a few months ago that I
should want the wind because it
dries things out.  That's true.  It 
rained so hard last night that I was a 
little scared.  Trucks are whizzing
by me and it's so dark I can barely
see the road.  But while the wind is
busy drying things out, we are 
expecting more rain.  Maybe
it should have waited?? 

I finally made a card using some
of the red vellum.


I think it turned out pretty well!
I lined the edges of the diamond
folds with gold and also used gold
for the "berries" on the flower.  
Artistic license.  😄 

Class was awesome last night.  I
practiced finger spelling with my
teacher from two semesters ago
and we laughed so much.    I also
worked with Matt, the deaf young 
man.  He is so funny and so patient
with my stuttering fingers, LOL.
Finger spelling is  just not that easy
for me.  I know what I want to spell
but my fingers don't always cooperate.
I did find a program, though, that
will finger spell words for you and
you type in what they spelled.
You will get a yes or no answer.
BUT unlike the test in class when
we take it (twice now, for me)
you get do-overs and can watch it
as many times as it takes for you
to get the word.  I am still learning
how to sound the words out rather than
go letter by letter.  That's a problem if
it's a long word because I forget what
the other letters were by the time I get
done seeing the whole word!  So it's 
really helping me there.    I'm not
good at not saying the letters in my
mind as I'm spelling them, either.
It's a skill like any other, I suppose.

Happy Tuesday!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...