Sunday, April 16, 2017

The third day

Luke 24:  4 While they were wondering about this,
 suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning 
stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed 
with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, 
“Why do you look for the living among the dead?
 He is not here; he has risen! 


Yes, indeed.  He has risen!!

Church was awesome yesterday.  
I went to practice and at one point
Coleen leaned over and said, "Jesus
is here" and pointed to the back.  I see
this guy come in and said, "he doesn't
look much like Jesus."  She said, "He
plays a really good Jesus."  Ok.  he's been
in a play at some point, right?  So the choir is 
singing "Resurrecting" .  We are signing.  
All of a sudden a light comes from my
left as the door opens and in walks
Jesus.  I quit signing just like that.
She said my mouth was open.  It
probably was.  I know my eyes
filled with tears.  It was amazing!
In the service, even though I knew
he was coming in, I still got very
emotional, but continued to sign.
We signed toward Jesus rather than
to our right as we usually do.  it was a 
very powerful moment for me.  I'm
tearing up right now!


On Easter morning the disciples saw Jesus' graveclothes
 lying on the cold slab still wrapped round 
and round the corpse. Only the corpse was gone,
 much like an empty chrysalis deserted by a butterfly
 who has left to soar free. "He is risen as He said," 
an angel told the incredulous disciples.
Have a blessed Easter and make sure
your children know it's not about the
eggs and candy, it's about Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...