Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Playing with acetate once again

I love the look of acetate cards.  So when
I saw one on pinterest I decided to try
it.  Mine is way different than theirs
but I used the same idea.




Isn't that cool?  The "beautiful day" is stamped
on the outside and there is a white panel on 
the top and bottom.  It's kind of hard to see.  
I love how it turned out!

Speaking of turning out, I have it on good
authority that the apple cobbler was 
very good, but doesn't taste quite as good
with mint chip ice cream....LOL.

We had a great class last night, but I'm
having trouble grasping the comparisons.
You "set up" a place (for example) on the
right and another place on the left (SF and SD
for example) then say, I prefer SD, but rather
than saying SD you just point. You've already
established that on the left is
San Diego.   I want to say "I prefer SD" 
 Nope.  Not how you do it.
I will never talk to a deaf person properly. 
They will  have no clue what I am saying! 
I'm having trouble grasping a couple of
concepts like that.  Our language is made
up of inflection of voice in a lot of instances
and deaf people pay more attention to
facial expressions-another thing I have
to work on. Pam told me last night
that I had this "finally it's over"
expression after I did the announcements
Sunday.  I didn't realize that, but I do know
I do a "freaked out" face.  Sigh.  This will take 
forever. But I want to learn, so the desire is
there to get this stuff into my head. 
It's important that I get it.  But if God called
me to do this-and I believe He did-then
He will help me get it through this thick head.

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...