Thursday, October 19, 2017

New car!


This is my  new car, a 2010 Sebring.  Thanks to
my super-negotiator brother in law, Larry,
I got a really good deal.  I think it's going to be
a good car for me.  I still miss my prizm, but
it served me well for many years.  I think we
bought that in 2005.  I'm going to pick this
car up later today.
Robin just left and is going to have 
coffee with my dad before heading home.  
We had a good time together as always and
I will miss her very much.  
I did manage to make one card while she
was here, in between looking for cars, having
lunch with friends and the other things that
come along with having a guest.

It's simple and plain. The frame is popped
up on the front. I used alcohol ink
on the leaves.  It's done on yupo paper.
Some pronounce it yuh-po (Long O)
and some you-po (long O).  At any rate,
it is supposed to be an even better surface
for the alcohol ink.  I seriously didn't
see a lot of difference and I'm apparently
not doing something right.  For 10 3x5
sheets it's 10.00.  I think I'll just stick with
glossy card stock,  domino pieces and the
like.  Alcohol ink is designed to be used
with non porous surfaces.  I've been 
thinking about getting some small ceramic
 tiles and making  coasters.  I'd have
to put felt on the back and I'm not sure how
to seal it, but I did read about it once.  I
just don't remember what it said, LOL.
They would be very pretty though.
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...