Monday, October 30, 2017

Mustard seeds

If I've ever shown this card before, I
appologise.  I rarely make more than
one card the same (other than stitching
cards which are patterns), but Pastor was
talking yesterday about having faith the
size of mustard seeds so I brought out my
bottle of McCormick  yellow mustard
seeds and made three more cards.  I
just love how these cards look.  I used
to leave the seed free floating inside
the dome (which is a wiggly eye top) but
they tend to get static, so this time I
glued the seed before I glued the dome
down.  I think it turned out great!


I printed the picture on photo paper so
it would look nicer and the mat is the
glitter paper.
Yesterday I signed the first two songs in
church and then when the other three
were done I switched with Coleen and
...attempted...to do the announcements
again.  The girl on the video talks so 
fast.  I'm going to have to hunt her
down and have a chat with her, LOL.
I've given up the freaked-out face.  I
have learned to not be stiff while signing
the songs. Now Pam tells me I need to
stop mouthing "I can't do this." !!!  I
really don't remember doing it, but she
said I did it like 4 times and-deaf people
can read lips- she reminded me.  I'm
getting there.  Slowly.   Coleen said
she was proud of me for staying in the chair
which is a reference to Pam when she
was just starting out and interpreting for
her teacher who is deaf.  After church he
told her he was proud of her for staying
in the chair.  Later I get a text from Coleen 
saying, "Congratulations for stepping out
of the boat, Peter. "  I sent her one back
that said, "Thanks for all the help, Aaron!"
She said that made her laugh out loud!  
I'm nothing if not funny.  ;)
I probably should get to the post office 
soon.  I'm expecting some toys for Lili
to come any day now.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...