Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Christmas presents

Images of Christmas presents to
be exact.  I am actually working on
some gifts, but the progress is slow.
Good thing there's lots of time.  
Although, my friend, Karen, reminds
me occasionally that the time is
limited...thankfully she hasn't posted
anything like that recently, but I'm 
sure she will now!


I love how this turned out except as
I neared the end I thought it might
have looked better on a different colour
background.  Now that I've seen what they
look like on the blue background, I think I
might make a few more with different 
coloured backgrounds.  I also made this
one with the metallic thread and that's
really a pain to work with, but well
worth it, I think.
 
It's been raining since yesterday.  I was
coming home from class last night and
thought the car didn't handle well in the
rain.  It seemed like I was all over the
road.  As I got off the expressway, I noticed
that the trees were blowing like crazy
which is why the car seemed to not want
to stay steady.  I have never driven a
car yet that was very aerodynamic.   The
rain didn't help either because I have
trouble seeing with the glare on the
road.  But I made it home in one piece
so I'm thankful for that.  It seems
more like fall now and I heard the
dreaded "S" word on the news yesterday.
He's just lucky he's on the TV and not
in front of me.  I would have some
choice words for him! 
 
I'm looking forward to lunch with 
Dianne this afternoon and I'll probably
look around for a jacket afterward.  I
have a really  nice one that has zippers
on the sleeves-yes, on the sleeves-and
it clinks all the time.  So I need to find
something that is a little less noisy.  On
the other hand, noisy is good for birds,
so I ordered some noisy toys for Lili
today.  She seems to be bored with her
current toys and a bored bird is one
that is likely to get in trouble.  You know
the old adage, "if the kids are quiet you
better see what they are up to"?  Same
goes for birds.  They are perpetual 2 year olds.
 
Happy Tuesday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...