Sunday, October 8, 2017

Class reunion book

A friend asked me to make her a record
keeping book for her graduating class.
This is what I came up with:
Hope you like it, Pat!


Their colours were maroon and gold and
the class flower was a red rose.  I
don't know how anyone would remember
that.  I don't even know what our colours
were or if we had a flower, song, etc.  
What's more, sadly, I don't care.  I hated
most everyone in that class.  I was an outsider
and was miserable to entire two years I 
was there.  I was a city girl, moved to this
country place where all the grades were
in one school.  Talk about culture shock.
I hope I don't still sound bitter.  Well, after
42 years you'd think I'd have gotten over
it by now, but apparently I never will.
 However, had they not dragged me kicking
and screaming from Maumee, Ohi0, to this
little teeny town in Michigan, I wouldn't 
have the life I have today, so I try not
to dwell on it.

Moving on.  We had class yesterday.  One
of my sentences had the word garage in it.
I had no idea what the sign for garage was.
We were using classifiers, which is a hand
shape to indicate an object.  In this case,
of course, it was a car.  So Pam said,
"What do you think the sign for garage
is?"  I used my classifier "car" and put it
under my non dominant hand.  She said,
"That is the sign for garage."  Surprise!
I am not good at classifiers.  I know them,
of course, but I'm not good at using them.
Practice, practice.   I need to practice my
finger spelling.  I am still slow and clumsy
at it.  It's just because I'm lazy and don't
work on it much. 

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...