Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New technique

I am beyond thrilled with how
this new technique turned out.
Here's the card.  See if
you can figure out what the
flower is made of.  Only
one person that reads this
might know what it is and
you know who you are.  No fair
looking past the cards
until you think about it for
a minute!



Give up?  They are made from
fabric softener sheets!  I added
some glitter around the edges.  The
leaves didn't come out as good
because I didn't have any green
shimmer spray so it's not as
green as it would have been with
that product.  Maybe I'll get some.
It is not easy drawing glitter glue
around the edges of used softener
sheets.  They are so delicate and
kind of stick to the tip of the
bottle as you're trying to move it.
But I think they turned out fantastically.
They look much, much better in person.

We're supposed to get bad weather again 
today, and are under a winter weather
advisory until 1 am tomorrow.  I'm
hoping it will pass by, naturally.  I'm so
done with winter and this is March.  
Let's get to the warm weather already!!

1 comment:

  1. I would of never guessed softener sheets! The flower looks like a dogwood. These cards are gorgeous! I didn't think you like to play with glitter?! With the bad weather, it enables your creative side! Our weather has been pretty good. 40's in the a.m., but gets up to 70 in the afternoon. Lots of yard work to do (about 2 acres) so that keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...