Thursday, March 24, 2016

Great day yesterday!

It was wonderful meeting Anthony
and using my fledgling skills to
communicate with him.  He seemed
excited that I was learning.  Not once
did he appear confused by what
I was saying, or look to Cody for
an explanation.  Cody doesn't know
as much sign as me, but they have
developed a way of communicating.
I had to look at Cody a few times, though, 
when they started talking computers!
They both like to build them and 
Anthony showed me one that he
built.  It was very cool, the
case was clear so you could
see the inside.   He brought his
little 3 year old boy, Noah.  He was
such a good little boy, but at the
end got a little restless, naturally.
I signed bored to him (he is
learning a little bit) which is the
finger on the side of the nose.  He
didn't quite see what we were doing and
put his finger IN his nose.  Of course,
that made us all laugh, so he just kept
doing that even though his dad even
placed his finger in the right place.
Such a cutie!

Unfortunately, I have occasion to make
yet another sympathy card.  LuAnn, after
losing husband, Dennis, only 5 months 
ago, lost her oldest friend to a massive
heart attack yesterday.  She was only
48.  No warning or anything.  No heart
problems that anyone knew of.  Pam 
was best friends with this lady's daughter,
so naturally, she was like a second
mother to Pam.  It's been difficult for them.




 It's rainy and dreary out today.  I love
days like that, but would like
thunderstorms better!  But what
it signals to me is that Spring is here!
I've seen it snow in April, though,
so I'm not holding my breath just
yet, but one can hope, right?!

2 comments:

  1. So happy your visit went good! Is Noah deaf? Maybe you've met a new friend that can help you with ASL?! Does the rain affect your bipolar? i.e headaches? We had a frost warning that worried us! But it didn't happen, yeah! Easter has 80% chance of rain though. Hope it's also wrong -- plans are for outside..

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, both of their children are hearing, as is their mom. He's pretty busy with wife, two kids and two jobs, so this was probably a one time thing. I do get headaches in this weather, but I think it's the barometric pressure, not the bipolar. Although my friend said that bipolar people have a higher incidence of headaches/migrains....

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...