Monday, March 28, 2016

Two years


Today marks the two year
anniversary of John going home
to be with the Lord.  For some 
reason I've been having a much
harder time this year.  I've been
crying a lot.  I miss him so
much.  But it's comforting to know
where he is and that I will see him again.
Not that that makes it any easier.
Two years ago, My sister, Robin,
son, Cody, Daughter in law, Pam,
and I sat around John's bed.  I whispered
all the wonderful times we had together.
Aquariums we visited, zoos that we
enjoyed so much.  I told him it
was OK to go, that I would be
OK.  That was a hard one.
 I had heard that sometimes loved
ones were reluctant to leave because
they worried about the ones they left
behind.  I didn't want him to be concerned
about that.  Before he died he raised up by
the shoulders and stared straight ahead.
What he was seeing wasn't in this
world, we all knew that.  I saw a
movie by Bruce Marchiano called "The encounter,
Paradise lost" .  As the man was ready to
go with Jesus, he looked back at his
wife and Jesus said to him, "don't worry,
I'll take care of her."  I like to think that
as John stared ahead he saw his Savior
saying, "Don't worry, I'll take care of
her."  Then he laid down and died.
Yes, God has taken care of me this past
two years.  That's not to say it's been
easy because even if you haven't
lost someone you know it's not easy.
But I've been OK.  That day changed
all of us in a way that none of us
can explain but that bonded all four
of us together forever.  You can't experience
something like that and ever be the same.
I'd never seen anyone die before.  I don't
want to ever again.  But His last wish
was to die at home and I was able to
honour that.  I miss him so much.

I hope no one who reads this minds hearing
the story, but I just really needed to put it
in words this morning.








I love black and white together.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the sorrow you feel today. Two years already? You have your memories and not knowing John I believe he would be very proud of you and your accomplishments in these past 2 years. Crying is good for your soul. "healing through your tears"... Tomorrow will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy. It's been hard, But I feel like I'm moving on as best I can. I guess that's all I can do.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...