Monday, March 7, 2016

Two more scroll boxes

Two scroll boxes, but one is
pretty unique in my opinion!
(I know, for what that's worth!!)
Anyway, these are for Robin's pastor
and his granddaughter.  
The pastor's is pretty standard
with scripture.  The little girl's
is the unique one.  The butterflies pop 
up when the box is opened.  Isn't
that cool?  I've used this technique
on cards before, but never
on a box.  I love how it turned out.






The little girl's box (sorry, don't know her
name) has sayings by kids in
it, like the one I posted in a card
earlier that says "You know it's
a good day if you didn't hit or
bite anyone."  I thought she would
like it and could use a
little cheer.  The final thing I'm going
to do before I send the cards and
boxes to my sister is make a gift bag
for her to put the boxes in.  I will
try to remember to take a picture of
it for tomorrow.

Yesterday was a great day, but sad
too, as two of the ladies in our
church have cancer.  One has had
surgery and waiting for the report to
see if it has spread.  The other is
due to have chemo and radiation.
I don't know them, but God does
and that's all that matters.  So if
you think about it, say a little prayer
for these two ladies.

And the snow is melting!  But I'm
not holding my breath as the LAST
time it got warm it snowed again
like two days later.  I am holding
our for warmer weather, though.
Maybe that darned rodent will
be vindicated yet.  But not soon
enough for me.  I still think he lied.
He's lucky I don't live in
Pennsylvania!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your 'scroll' boxes are perfect! I call mine a prayer box? You are so kind-hearted! How can they not love there gifts? Sorry to hear about the ladies in your church. Cancer is just plain evil. Too many people are being diagnosed with that dreadful disease. Prayers for the two ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Cancer is so evil. Thanks for the compliment on the boxes. I guess I just call them scroll boxes because they have scrolls in them, but I think "prayer box" is a perfect name! Maybe I should change it to that!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...