Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Yesterday's sad news


Anna (Patty) Duke died yesterday.
I was shocked and saddened.
She was an amazing actress in
spite of all her struggles with bipolar
disorder.  She was also a tireless
advocate for mental illness
working closely with NAMI
(National Alliance on Mental Illness).
I read her book years ago, "Call me
Anna" and didn't even see myself in
her words.  It took me many years
 of pain and anguish for anyone
around me, to be diagnosed with
bipolar disorder.  It's a rough illness
for the one who has it and even moreso,
I think, for those around that person.
Thankfully I finally found a doctor
who was able to adjust my medication
to a perfect level and I have been
fairly stable for about 12 years.
She was also president of SAG
(Screen actors guild) from 1985-
1988.  She made a huge impact
on me and I'm sure many others.
I pray she knew God although I
never heard her talk about it one
way or the other.  Someday I would
like to meet her in person.




This is called a split panel card.  I should
have taken a picture of it standing up.
The top and bottom panels of the
card are open, being held only by the panel
in the center.  It love how it looks.
I haven't used that flower vase
stamp in forever.  I have many like
that!  I'm a little bummed
 that I didn't notice the mark to the 
right of the flowers.  It's
not extra ink, it's a flaw in the paper.
Oh, well.  I thought about trying
to cover it up with a tiny butterfly
or something but decided not to bother. 

I think it's supposed to be warm today.
At least I hope so.  I am so
ready for warmth.  I feel like
I haven't been warm in forever!
Have a good day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...