Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Another day

I made it through the day.  Was there
any doubt?  It's the getting 
through to the other side that
sometimes is hard, but I always manage,
with God's help, to make it there.

Sign class was awesome last  night
and I'm really looking forward to
next week.  We have a field
trip!  We are going to Ft. Wayne 
for "deaf, deaf world"
That is deaf people running a
real-life simulation.  There are
stations such as a store, hospital, 
real estate office, etc.  You get a card
to tell you what to do such as
"I have a burned foot and need
a doctor".  You have to convey
this in any way possible-without
using your voice!  Every time you
get caught talking you get fined
a quarter!  I'm going to get some
to take with me, lol.  Any person
of any level of sign can participate.
My teacher had had two classes when
she went the first time.  I am
really excited about it.  If I am
going to learn sign to communicate
with deaf persons I need to learn
the culture as well.  They have to
live in our world.  This gives us a
chance to live in theirs.  I wonder
where all this is leading?  I guess I
will have to wait for God's good
time when He reveals it. 





Not super happy with this as I
see things I could have changed.
The trees didn't get a good crisp 
stamp, but it's OK.  I made it
for my ex's grandfather.  We were close
 until John got sick and then I kind
of lost touch .  I contacted
Allen's aunt and got his address as
he is now in a nursing home and have
been sending him cards.  I guess
I should get his phone number and give
him a call as well.  He's such a sweet
man and always considered me
his granddaughter even when Allen and
I divorced.  I love him like my
own grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...