Monday, February 29, 2016

Here's to new experiences!

Yesterday I helped greet at church.
I handed out bulletins and said
hello, shook hands, etc.
I've never done that before.  It
was interesting because I am usually
shy about those types of things.
Yes!  For those doubters out there.
I am shy.  I know I don't
act that way a lot of the time,
but in new situations and around
people I don't know well, I am
quite shy.  Once I get to 
know someone, look out!!
Then Sunday evening I went to 
church and attended the "state of
the church meeting"  I'm not a member
so I couldn't vote, but the whole
thing was interesting.  They talked
about the church mission, changing
the name of the church (very cool
idea!) and things like that.  I'm
glad I went.  It was a very good
experience.  After that Sam and I went
to Bob Evans and talked.  Always
good to talk to her.


So here's the card.  Very plain, just
some embossing and flowers.  I probably should
have inked the white oval. I'm
working on a technique I saw on
pinterest- where else?? which
I think is going to turn out fantastically.
So hopefully that will be on 
tomorrow's blog.  It has to dry probably 
overnight.

Tonight I'm going to my sister in law and
brother in law's to play cards and I
plan to win!  I've been on a losing
streak and it ends tonight!  Take
no prisoners!  Well, I'm going
to try at least.  With my luck I 
will be stuck on phase one
when they get to phase 10.  That's the
card game we usually play, Phase ten.
Then it's off to farkle.  The thing
is, we are all extrememly
competitive, so it's gets a little
crazy, but all in good fun!!  I have
known them for 28 years in May.
I started working for them when Cody
was a year old.  Larry used to hold
him upside down by his feet.  He loved
it!  Larry is just a big kid.  He's on 
their level most of the time....LOL.
I can't believe my "baby" is going
to be 29 in May!  Where has the time
gone?  In addition to working
for them for years, I married Laurel's
brother so I got to be their sister
in law as well.  It's really weird
how things turn out sometimes.
You meet people in your life
that really turn out to be more than
just people passing through.  I 
have met several people like that
in my life.  People  so very
special to me that I met under
unusual circumstances.  One good
friend I would not have met had
John not died.  The pastor called
that providential relationships.   God 
brings people into our lives at the
right time.  Sometimes they
do just pass through, but
sometimes He allows us to
remain in that relationship for
the rest of our lives.  
Both are such a treasure and a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Never really thought about this. But it all makes sense to me!
    So happy to hear that you're getting involved with your Church.
    Sounds like it brings happiness you your life.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...