Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Volunteering for Hospice

I'm going to be making cards
for hospice.   They send cards
to people who have lost loved
ones (this seems very familiar, hope
I haven't already talked about it!)
for a year after the death.  So tomorrow
I will go sign a privacy paper and get
some names, I guess.  The thing
is, I'm a little concerned because the
ladies all get together and make cards
and that's just not how I work.
I don't have a clue what to take
with me to make cards.  I try this
and that before I finally come up with a
card I (usually) like.  I would have
to take my whole craft room with 
me. The cards that I have seen
from the other volunteers are very simple.
Not that they aren't lovely, I don't mean
that.  What I mean is that they don't
have layers and mats like I use on my 
cards.  So I'm not sure how that's going
to work out.  I will visit with them for a bit,
I guess and then beg off and go home
because I have an old dog
who needs to go out a lot.  I did
manage to find some doggie diapers finally,
though, so I'm glad about that.

Anyway, a card I threw together 
this afternoon and I hate it.  It doesn't
look anything like how I had it
in my mind.  That happens sometimes.
The colours don't even go together.
I should have used a different
colour flower.  I may take it off
and put something better there.
Something that matches...


1 comment:

  1. I think the 'hospice' group will be fun?! You'll have an opportunity to meet some new friends. I'm quite sure that any card you make will be beautiful! I agree, that the above card needs a different color flower -- maybe pink or purple?

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...