Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy Sunday!

I have a few minutes before leaving
for church, so I thought I would
go ahead and update my blog.
I have to keep back spacing because
for some reason I can't type today, so
if there are mistakes I miss, I apologize, lol.

I didn't mention that I talked to the hospice 
coordinator  the other day and
in order to get some families to
follow I have to go through
an orientation.  That's no problem
and might be quite interesting-
other than the HIPA part.  It turns
out that Dianne is teaching part
of it; the end of life .  So that will
be very interesting, I'm sure.
.  After I get through HIPA which
I think is the first one, I will get assigned
some families, so I am really 
excited about that! 

Something else I'm excited about
is that I think I'm going to get
to meet Cody's deaf friend, Anthony,
soon!  I told him to tell Anthony that
I am just learning and that he has
to go slowly.  Cody said he's patient
with him, so no worries.  Whew!  I
talked to my cousin, Cathy, who's
parents are deaf, so sign is her
first language.  She said it is totally
normal that I am having trouble understanding
what is signed to me.  My new teacher
said they are two different skills.  So
I am feeling much better about that.
But if I'm not exposed to it, I will
never acquire the skill.  I
like that my new teacher signs much
more than Sam does. In first level
you are just starting to learn
and don't have the base
vocabulary.  By third
level you have much more
of a base to work
with. So I'm happy
that I'm getting that exposure.






This is the first card I'm making
Dianne for her coworker.  I just love
using the feather and the Angels
sentiment.  I think it really looks
neat.  The vellum piece on front
is embossed in white embossing powder.
It looks so elegant, but you have
to adhere it with ribbon like I did,
eyelets, or hide the adhesive under
some of the embossing.  I did hide
just a tiny glue dot under the butterfly.
The wings are not adhered to the card,
but I don't think it's really noticeable.  
Actually,  I think I'm going to remove
that and put it under the body
of the butterfly.  Sometimes I can
be so daft!  Anyway, I like how it
turned out, and I think Dianne will 
too.  When I finish the journal I
will be sure to post it.  I am hoping
to come up with an idea in the
next day or two so I can get
started.  I'm not putting a sentiment
on the front such as "prayer journal"
just making it look pretty.  (Hopefully!!)

Better get ready to go to church!  
Have a great Lord's day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...