Saturday, March 19, 2016

Mr. Haupt

I do not  know this man.  I know
that sounds strange.  I heard about
him on the internet.  He is an
elderly gentleman in Canada
who lost his
beloved long haired dashund
from a mauling.  They are
asking for cards for him.  so
I contacted the person and
got his address.  I know just
how he feels as everyone
who has ever lost a pet
knows.  They are much, much
more than pets, they are our
family.  Sometimes much
better than the human family
we have!  My heart just
broke for him so I wanted
to send him a little comfort.
I heard that he is getting hundreds
of cards from all over the
world.  People can be so
loving and understanding to
someone they don't even know.
It gives me hope for the world.





I like how it turned out.  It's the only
dog stamp I have, but I don't 
think the image matters as much
as the fact that someone
is thinking of him.

Today I have a new class, Signing
Naturally.  I've probably already talked
about it, so I won't bore you, but
I'm anxious/nervous about it!
Anxious to take a new class and
learn about facial/body expression;
nervous because I don't know quite
what to expect.  Sam has shown
me a little of the course so I'm
not going in blindly, but still...

I had lunch with my friend, Dianne,
yesterday and she asked me to
make a journal for a coworker
of hers who  was recently
diagnosed with cancer.
She asked me also to
make a couple of cards
for this woman.
I love doing things
like that because she will
know that Dianne cares
about her and the more
people that care, the more
strength you have, I think.
Cancer takes all the strength
you have to face and hopefully
beat.  But in the end, as the
song by Mandisa says, 


"You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round"
 
Sometimes the 'final round' isn't
in this world.  But what a wonderful
place we have to go to if God calls
us home.  I've been thinking more
about that as the 2nd anniversary
of John's death approaches.
It's been difficult to accept that
almost two years have
gone by.  I miss him very
much.  I hope he is proud of
the way I've lived my life
since then.  I hope he approves
of (most) of the decisions
I've made.  I know there's
a couple he wouldn't be too
happy with. I wish he
hadn't had to go, but as
I've said before, I know where
he is, that he is happy and that
I will see him again someday.
So as much as I miss him,
if I could, I would never
wish him back. As much
as he loved me I know he
wouldn't want to come back.
And I  know I have to go on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...