Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Today is the day!

Today I am going to meet Anthony and
use my sign language for the
first time with a deaf person.  I am
anxious and scared to death!  I hope
he will understand me and that I will
understand him as well.  This is
why I have been learning, to be
able to communicate with someone
who is deaf.  If God called me to this
as I believe He did, then He will work 
things out perfectly.  Not that the
communication will be perfect because
I know it won't be.  But that we
won't be too uncomfortable with each
other.  Cody and Anthony's wife
and possibly his two small children
will be there, so I won't be flying
solo, lol.    Sam and others have
told me that deaf people are thrilled
when hearing people go to the 
trouble of learning their language
so they can communicate.  He and
Cody communicate fairly well, Cody
said, through some sign and some 
made up stuff, maybe writing it
down.  I am really looking forward
to the experience.  Next month
I plan to attend "Deaf Deaf Deaf world".
More about that later.  It is quite
an experience, I am told.

My muse has been working overtime
this morning, and I made two cards
 which I am pretty happy with.  The 
Easter card is for Dianne.  I usually
don't make Easter cards, but
I saw a few pretty ones and it sparked
my creative juices.  This one is
not a CASE  (copy and steal
everything), but just a jump off
idea from other cards I've seen.  So
get to it already!!!





The next one, I
have had this stamp for a long
time and keep forgetting to
use it.  Unfortunately I have a lot
of stamps and tend to use
certain ones over and over
again.  I really need to
stretch and use some of the
other things I have.




The daisy die cut is from the
other set that I got for 30% off.  It
has 3 sized dies.  I love it.  I
will probably use it often.  Well,
if I remember, that is!!


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your visit today! I know it will go well and you'll probably learn things you won't learn in class! Nothing like 'hands-on' experience. BTW -- the cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! As you know, it went brilliantly! And you're right, the more hands on I get (when I have the chance) the better I will get. I just wish there were more deaf people (patient as Anthony) whom I could speak with.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...