Monday, March 12, 2018

I love you...

Happy birthday to my best friend,
Pam.  I hope she has a wonderful
day.  This is what I am giving her:
(she doesn't read this, LOL)


When I got it I realised that the 
charms all bunched up together so
I asked my sister in law to make 
a couple of beads for it.  She makes
really beautiful glass beads.
This is another card from the new
set of patterns:

It reminds me of an upside down
heart.  I wonder what it would look
like if I turned it right side up, then
put the flower on top  of the
heart and eliminated the two top leaves.
Maybe I'll give that a try sometime.
So...I am taking a big step in faith.
I have felt like God is leading me to learn
sign language and I don't yet know why,
but if I don't learn receptive skills,
it's not a lot of use.  So I am going to go
to a workshop next month (I've never 
been to one before) that is NOT voice 
interpreted-that's scary for me!  I've
been told that they usually separate 
people if they know you know each
other.  Also, you  have to participate.
Which  may be a bit difficult for me if
I haven't been following what they
are talking about. I am trusting God on
this.  That's also scary for me because
I want to handle things and I just have
no control over the fact that I have 
virtually  no receptive skills.  I've been 
going to the deaf chats and I am a little
better but that's once a month.  I need
a deaf friend.  Anyone want to apply?
I need prayer.
Also, on Thursday is deaf, deaf world
at the university.  I'm excited.  The one
other time I went after only having one
year of sign I got 6's and 7's out of 10's.
At each "station" you have to sign
to the person there.  It can be a restaurant,
a bank, a real estate office, hospital,
etc.  you sign to them, they sign to you
and you are evaluated on your ability
to sign and understand.  Hopefully
I've gotten better in the last two years,
LOL!  I'm really looking forward to it.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...