Monday, November 6, 2017

I did it!

I signed three songs at church yesterday
and then communion.  I asked Pam later
if she was surprised I stayed in front and
she said yes!  :)  But she had a big smile
on her face and said I did really well.
The only comment she made was that
I need to hold the signs a little longer,
that it looked like I "couldn't get the sign
off my hands fast enough".  I've got lots
of things to work on yet, but I was not
unhappy with how I did for a first time.
Coleen only gave me a sign when
I really needed one, so I wasn't
depending on her which I tend to do.
She's my security blanket/mentor.  
Judy is my cheerleader.  I have a good
support system.


I know these cards look crooked when I
post them, but that's the only way I can
get a picture without having a glare from the
image. This parrot reminds me of my sister's
bird, Coco. This Amazon parrot is an
orange wing, I believe.  You couldn't
pay me enough money to get close to an
Amazon even though there are some that
are said to be real sweethearts.  They
give you no warning and bite quickly,
sometimes you don't even know why.
Robin wouldn't touch a macaw with
a ten foot pole because of the
large beaks.  I like them because
you KNOW if you are ticking them off
and they give you plenty of warning before
biting your finger off.  Lili has  only bitten
me once and that was because she was
caught by her leg band and was very 
scared.  Other than that, she clamps down
once in a while-not often-but she knows
exactly how much pressure she can exert
before she hurts me and stops just before
that.  Scarlet macaws tend to be a little
nippy, but she really isn't.  The only time
she even gets after me is if I want her to do
something she doesn't want to-like go
into her cage.  Typical three year old behaviour.
I think you have to have a strong personality
with a bird like Lili or they get the upper
hand quickly.  Any animal that can break
a finger easily, and trust me, she can,
needs to know who the boss is!  I let her
think she's the boss, though.  ;) 
I'm going to go visit my mom this morning
so I need to get around.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...