Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Birds on a branch

Yes, yes, I got a new die yesterday.
In my defence, I have been looking
at it for weeks and resisting the
temptation.  There's another one
I've got my eye on, too, that I
may get soon.  Hey- I use a 40% off
coupon every time.  That should 
count for something!  This is two 
different versions of the same die.
The sentiment is just laid on
to show how it would look if you
would like one of these, Nancy.




I was pretty pleased with how they
came out, especially the red one.  The
die is one entire piece so to get the
bird and flowers a different colour you
have to cut it out of red and green, then
cut the bird and flowers out of the main
die cut and add them. 

I was invited to have Thanksgiving 
dinner with my friend, Coleen, and her
family.  She said her mom loves
chocolate covered cherries-who doesn't??
So I'm going to see if I can fancy up a
box.  I will probably end up just putting
a pretty ribbon on it, though.  I mean,
what can you really do?  When  my kids
were little and they wanted my chocolate
covered cherries I would tell the kids
they made little kids get worms so I 
wouldn't have to share.  I was such
a mean mom!  🤣

I'm having lunch with Dianne today
and taking some mint chocolate chip
cookies to her.  She loves them.

Happy Tuesday!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cards -- especially the red bird! (My Mom loves cardinals!) Worms?! That was mean! Enjoy your Thanksgiving! I'm having Thanksgiving here ;). Jane and her son + girlfriend & 2 grandkids, my son, David. My mom would NOT come, nor my brother. Looking forward to our visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you want the red one for your mom then? Or one of the others? I think I figured out a way to add mom to the pointsettia card.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...