Friday, May 19, 2017

Negative space birthday card

I tend to use only what the die cuts
and ignore the negative space it
leaves behind.  I thought I'd
utilize that in this card.


I like how it turned out.  I think monotone
cards are really pretty anyway.
Maybe I should add a little bling
here and there before I get it ready
to send, though.  It looks kind of plain.
If I do, I'll take another picture and post
it tomorrow. 
 
As I suspected, all the storms went around
us.  Actually they went east of us.
It's really no fair.  But I don't get a vote,
I guess.    Maybe this weekend.
 
The zoo trip is off because my son, Nathan,
has to work, but since it's double time,
it's well worth it and we have the whole
summer to go.  Wednesday I found out
that the church here in Fremont
(which I am still currently a member of)
is having a seminar on the end times
on Saturday, so I think the Lord
worked that out very nicely.  I
am looking forward to going and I'm
right around the corner so I can step
out at lunch time and walk B'Elanna
 quickly.  That works out
very well.  I don't think the ministry
talks about the end times enough.
Maybe they are afraid that people
will not want to hear things like that
and just want to hear "warm fuzzy"
things about the Bible.  There's a place
for that, of course, but we need to 
be prepared for what is to come.  I
think more pastors need to take that
and run with it even if they offend
a few people.  Jesus wasn't afraid
to offend people when He told
the truth, right?!
 
Happy Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...