Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial day

Today we remember those who have
served this country both past and
present.  I don't know any service
members  that are currently
serving, but I would like to thank
my father, Robert, and my husband,
John, for their service.  My dad was in
during the Korean war.  He was in the
Army but was mainly stationed at the 
Air  Force base in Alaska.
John was in during the Viet Nam war.  He
was in the Air Force and served in many
different places including the same base
as my dad in Alaska.  Also, Las Vegas and
Korea.  I'm proud of both of them.


I am obviously into scoring and pearls lately.
This card was supposed to have the embellishment
in the left hand lower corner.  BUT.  I wasn't paying
attention to where the card opened.  Oh well.  It 
looks pretty nice this way, too.  Since this is
a square card I made it for someone I can hand
deliver it to so I don't have to pay for extra
postage.  Smart, huh?  I do have my moments.
 
We had some great thunder yesterday and 
heavy rain at times.  I don't think we'll get
anything today.  There's only a 30% chance.
 
I'm so happy that we are going to have a
5 week  summer signing class.  This one will
be on signs that are easily confused.  Such 
as "early" and "empty" which can also be used 
for naked.....Someone told me once
they told a deaf person they had eaten
earlier...but used the wrong sign.  He laughed
and she realized what she'd signed.  Funny stuff!
I have gotten a lot of signs confused.  When I 
first started I couldn't get "have" and "want"
straight for anything.  They aren't that close
but I had a lot of trouble remembering 
which was which.  So I'm looking forward
to the class.   I just love learning sign!
 
Happy Monday and Happy Memorial day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...