Sunday, May 28, 2017

Elegance

I would consider my style more of
a shabby chic or Victorian , so I
decided I'd try some elegant cards.
I have a special reason for making
these so I want them to be perfect.
This is one of my most favourite 
cards of all I've made.  It took me
all afternoon yesterday because I
knew kind of what I wanted but I
couldn't get it to translate to the card.
When it finally came together it
came together quite easily and nicely.


Scoring and putting on those pearls
took a bit of time, but I think it was well
worth it for the result.


Inside.
 
I haven't signed in a month.  I'm not sure
why, I just haven't.  I kind of got
told that this week I would, LOL.  It's
true, sometimes I need to be pushed.
And thankfully there are those that are
willing to gently push me along.
 I'm signing three songs this morning:
"I will bow to you"
"Lord, I need you"
"Take my life" 

The last one I'm a little shaky on, but
I think I'll do fine.  Next week there is
only one song I know and since I'm
supposed to share the songs, I'd better
learn one or two before then!  They're
throwing in new songs now so that
is a bit challenging as I don't catch on 
quite as quickly as Judy and Coleen,
not having signed as long as either of them.

Speaking of them, Coleen, Judy, Pam
and I all went to breakfast yesterday
morning at Cracker Barrel.  It was so much
fun and I hope we will do it again very
soon.  These three are so much fun!  I
think sometimes, of how my life has changed
since John died, things I have done and
learned.  People I have met.  I would never
have met them or Dianne had John not
died.  The trade off, of course, is that
he accepted Jesus as his Savior, so I
accept that while I no longer have him
here on Earth, he is with God and I will
see him again someday.  Meanwhile, God
has filled my life with Christian women
and fulfilling activities.  I also submitted
my application for membership, as well,
so hopefully I'll have a new church home
soon.  But I already feel like it's my home
anyway, so that will just be a formality.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...