Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Black and white with a dash of red

Lots of birthdays are on my calendar
for June, so I'm sure I will have more
birthday cards to show.  This one
is in my favourite colours, black and
white.  I had to add something else,
though, just to make it stand out a 
little more.


I have to say, I like how it turned out.
 I'm not super crazy about the wishes
stamp.  it's very bold on the words 
"come true"  I would like to have it not
so dark.  I don't think it looks quite right.
But then, I've never been asked to design
stamps (good thing) so I guess I have
to take what I get or find something new.
It's really old anyway.
I pulled out all the lights around the house
yesterday.  They were wired into the house
so it was a chore.  More than I thought it
would be.  They never work right anyway
and half the time aren't lit even if I
get new bulbs.  I WAS going to plant grass
seed around two sides of the house until
I remembered that I had bush stumps.
We just chopped them down but never 
dug out the stumps.  So I guess I'm back
to my original idea of vinca.  I am going
to toss out the railroad ties, though, as
they are pretty rotten, and put in some
pavers that stand upright.  My brother in
law says they last forever and don't cost much.
Speaking of Larry and Laurel, they were
over last  night and I took pictures when
they weren't expecting it.  I told them I
was going to put them on my blog, so
here they are:

writing down scores for cards.

Trying to figure out what I'm
doing.  TOO LATE!  Snap!
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...